New timer that could use some nice advice

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rancher Harley, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Rancher Harley

Rancher Harley New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Colorado
    Hay,im Rancher Harley and I am a new backyard rancher.Have a small flock,and doing good but could use some nice advice on rasing my chickens.I also live in a dry state coloradeo and I dont know if that will help but I think it might becouse the winters become cold and dry but just want some nice wecomes,and advice with my dirty birdys.[​IMG]

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC.

Do you mean your worried about the cold in CO? My chickens fare really well here in SD. SD is a very cold state. Lol!

3. bulletbob65

bulletbob65 New Egg

Feb 14, 2012
    Welcome this is a excellent site,with great friendly people,with a vast amount of knowledge.I,m new here also and was greeted very kindly enjoy your stay Bob[​IMG]

4. Rancher Harley

Rancher Harley New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Colorado
    well not as much they seem to do fine but I want to know some good tips or anything I should know

5. Rancher Harley

Rancher Harley New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Colorado
    well thank you all im glad to be here but if any one have any good or fun advise that would be cool

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! So glad you joined us!

7. Rancher Harley

Rancher Harley New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Colorado
    Thanks

8. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Austin, Texas. I'm also a beginner, but I suggest you just let them be chickens. While you may not know a lot about raising chickens, rest assured the chickens do. [​IMG]

9. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello from Southwest Ohio....I have relatives near Denver. Beautiful state

10. Rancher Harley

Rancher Harley New Egg

Feb 15, 2012
    Colorado
    It sure can be but when witer hits it can be realy nasty,but I a;ways go se the colors and when theres a touch of snow it is a amazing vew

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by