new to all of this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bonnie sue, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Bonnie sue

Bonnie sue In the Brooder

May 22, 2017
    Hi all,

I'm Bonnie and I'm new into raising the chicken thing find it has been very interesting on all of this stuff I have read from you all, a lot of things I never knew, I would like to make an alblum of the chicks and chickens I have but cant figure it out how to make and post it and help would be great.
    I do have questions for you pro's on the right thing to do. thanks for letting me be part of this group hope to learn more things from you all.

Bonnie

2. Bonnie sue

Bonnie sue In the Brooder

May 22, 2017
    Hi I hope that those worked out ok for ya to see. I want to know if you all think it would be cool to put my chicks into the coop now with all the others, it gets down to 65 degrees maybe at night and is very warm of a day. the 5 don't have all the feathers on their heads yet but some, I would like to leave them in their big cage until it is safe for them to be out with the others, I have a rooster that is mixed buff orpington/leg horn, he is 1 yr old, 3 rhode island red hens 3 yrs old, and just got 3 from a girl she didn't want anymore, she said they are about 3 months old, one is a rhode island red one is a white silky, and the 3rd one is a blue ? cant remember,lol, then I have the 5 chicks born about may 15th 3 barred rock and 2 rhode island red. those are the ones I would like to put in the coop in side their cage until it would be safe to release them to all the others, what are your opinions on that? Will it be ok you think? thanks pro's

Attached Files:

3. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Check out this video, it should help you lean how to navigate this site better.

4. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    Moving the younger ones inside the coop in a secure cage sounds good!

Bonnie sue likes this.
  5. penny1960

penny1960 Going back to La La Land

Dec 29, 2015
    Mossyrock, WA
    want to welcome you to backyard chickens :welcome it is the place to explore and learn maybe even a new way for old fogies to learn

Bonnie sue likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    :welcome

Bonnie sue likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: