New to all this

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stuapea, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Stuapea

Stuapea New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Leicestershire, U.K.
    Hi all,
    9months ago I was (JUST)a mother to my five children, my 2 dogs and 2 cat and a wife.... But I couldn't stop there I had a clever idea as we live in the sticks lol, and went out and got 4 chickens, just 4 big fat brown hens that had there own personalitys, my kids fell in love with them with in seconds so did I... But sadly we lost 2 of them, we kept strong and this time took my children with me to buy more. We came home with 4 yes another 4 lol, but this time these were 8 weeks old, now 22weeks ish old. This is the start of my life with chickens and I'm loving it... So hello to all and thanks for having me, and I welcome all knowledge :D

2. Kraken Farmer

Kraken Farmer Out Of The Brooder

Sep 25, 2015
    Central Georgia, USA
    Welcome to BYC. [​IMG]

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Sounds like another victim of chicken math...replacing 2 with 4, lol. What breed of chickens do you have now?

Have you checked out the helpful articles in the Learning Center?
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Always feel free to ask questions, there are some very helpful members here.

Thanks for joining us!

4. fresnofarmer

fresnofarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2015
    Fresno CA
    I started out with 6 lost 4 replaced with 8 chicks dang that chicken math is accurate! My wife made me promise to not buy anymore chickens so I promised I wouldn't buy any more THIS YEAR thank god the years almost over!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  5. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

7. Stuapea

Stuapea New Egg

Nov 18, 2015
    Leicestershire, U.K.
    Yep victim lol, keep tell my husband that we won't get no more, but oh well better then buying hand bags lol. I have to polish one of each sex and 4 booted bantams one of which I was told had silkie in him/her but just been advised different :( but still lovely all the same and I think the over 2 were just warrens think that's what there called, unfortunately they have also past way, just some of my little ones

[​IMG]

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

10. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Next time "accidentally" buy a rooster and then you can still keep your promise about not "buying" any more [​IMG] I have been known in the past to have selective amnesia when it comes to telling my wife one of my hens is sitting [​IMG]

Great to have you onboard and good luck!

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by