New to baby chickens

debbie2885

In the Brooder
Sep 16, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new to raising baby chicks I ordered 15 and got 17 pellets they are all doing good except for one when I went to check on them they are kept in my house one little girl was isolated and sleeping a lot so I put her in a kennel by herself she was not eating or drinking. This was late evening the next morning she could not sit up around stand or walk. I started feeding her water and pedialight through a dropper I also started giving poly vi sol a few days later she seems to be stronger not as weak and more alert however she still cannot sit or stand or walk. Does anyone know what she might have?? Is there anything more I can do for her? Please help. She is 2 weeks old

Can you post some photos of her, how she is sitting and some photos of her legs?
Will she eat/drink on her own if you place food by her?
Does she try to move around - what is that like - can she use her wings?

She will eat but not much. She can move and she does not use her wings a lot but she does when she falls sideways so she can use them. She can move her feet but can't not sit or stand or walk.
[/IMG][/IMG]

When she moves around she gets on her legs I hope that makes sense to you she put what weight she can on her legs and scoots and falls to one side or the other

Back
Top Bottom