New to Back yard chicken.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dapperp, May 21, 2011.

1. dapperp

dapperp New Egg

May 21, 2011
    Hi everyone. I have two hens. One is a Americana (4 months old) and the other is a blue Andalusian (5 months old)
    We are still waiting for the Americana to lay but the blue Andalusian lays every day or every other day.
    The blue is so sweet. When I check on them every night, she runs full speed to greet me and squats down for a pet.
    I then have to tuck her in the coop. We live in the suburbs and have adapted nicely.

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to bYC.

3. birdicus7

birdicus7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Coatesville, PA
    [​IMG]

I have no doubt you will learn a lot here! Just remember to have fun and enjoy yourself.[​IMG]

4. debryman

debryman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Joshua Tree CA
    [​IMG] from Joshua Tree CA

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. It sounds like you have a sweet hen there. [​IMG]

6. bartchick

bartchick Out Of The Brooder

Apr 7, 2010
    Welcome aboard. I've been here for awhile, just not posting very often. I'll introduce our well mixed flock of hens, 2 Buff Orpingtons named Peaches and Goldie; 4 Barred Plymouth Rocks named Cookie, Putt-putt, Oreo and Rockie, a Gold-Laced Wyandotte named Tammy (after Ms Wynette); an Americauna named Gertie; 2 Isa Browns named Lisa and (a loudmouth) Stevie (my wife Kim is an avid Aerosmith fan); a RI Red named Patsy Ann; 3 Buckeyes named Big Mama, DeeDee and Jenny. We have a really cool Buckeye rooster named Charlie (Brown). We are trying to raise Buckeyes, but this in first batch of eggs none of the 6 buckeye eggs developed while 4 crossbreeds did hatch and are in the brooder. No names yet for them.

7. mrsruvi

mrsruvi Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    Tucson
    hi! i am hopeful i'll end up with a sweet lady like yours! you said the blue is laying already? when did she start? what are you feeding her? how big are the eggs? Mine are still chicks so this is all new to me too! im excited to hear what i can look forward to!

8. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
    [​IMG]

9. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    [​IMG]

10. leslierf

leslierf Chillin' With My Peeps