New to backyard chickenkeeping

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by urbanabanana, Mar 14, 2016.

1. urbanabanana

urbanabanana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2016
    Upper Chichester, PA
    Hello! I'm fairly new here, and after years of living chicken-free, I'm ready to open my home and my heart to my favorite feathered friends once more. When I was much younger, I had a beautiful Rhode Island Red hen who was given to me as a gift (I had to catch her first, but that seems like a good payoff lol). She was a sweet girl and a reliable egg layer, and she lived in the barn with my family's goats for years until a stray dog got her :(. After that, no one in my family was ready to replace her for a long while. Now, however, after years of moving around and upheaval on my own, I'm ready to start keeping chickens again!

I was blessed with the arrival of my almost-two-year-old daughter, and she loves being outside in the dirt as much as I do. I'm hoping that growing up with chickens will show her how wonderful they can be as pets, as well as raise her with a sense of responsibility.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and sharing our passion for chickens!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens. If you'd like to meet other Bycers, post on your state thread. Just put name in the search box and it will pop up. You may find you have chickeners living near you.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. urbanabanana

urbanabanana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2016
    Upper Chichester, PA
    Thank you both for the warm welcome!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by