New to Backyard Chickens

Jan 17, 2018
Canada
Hi
I have a love for chickens that started when my husband decided he wanted some fresh eggs.
Next I took over and wanted babies and have raised 8 the first year, and 18 last summer.
My neighbour farmer gave me an ameraucana and an easter egger after I wanted to add colour to my basket!!
Last week a different neighbour gave me 5 hens and 1 rooster after his coop burnt, and I have been nursing them back to health in my basement!
Total I have 36 hens and 1 rooster.
My breeds are White leghorns, New hampshire x, buff orpington, ameraucana, easter egger maran's, white sussex, lavender orpington, jersey giants, white rocks.
I love to read as much as I can about them, and I love spending hours (literally) watching them go about their day.
I am so excited and passionate about them, I talk to anyone who will listen about my adventures.
A few months ago I started a webpage, email, blog, instagram @memyselfandmygirls2017, twitter and facebook page @memyselfandmygirls to share with other chicken lovers.
If interested, you can go to www.memyselfandmygirls.com and follow my page, links are also included for my other social media.
When I need information I tend to google, and read what other pages have suggested because I am not an expert. I tended to follow backyardchickens advice quite often and am excited to join this group.

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    593.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi
I have a love for chickens that started when my husband decided he wanted some fresh eggs.
Next I took over and wanted babies and have raised 8 the first year, and 18 last summer.
My neighbour farmer gave me an ameraucana and an easter egger after I wanted to add colour to my basket!!
Last week a different neighbour gave me 5 hens and 1 rooster after his coop burnt, and I have been nursing them back to health in my basement!
Total I have 36 hens and 1 rooster.
My breeds are White leghorns, New hampshire x, buff orpington, ameraucana, easter egger maran's, white sussex, lavender orpington, jersey giants, white rocks.
I love to read as much as I can about them, and I love spending hours (literally) watching them go about their day.
I am so excited and passionate about them, I talk to anyone who will listen about my adventures.
A few months ago I started a webpage, email, blog, instagram @memyselfandmygirls2017, twitter and facebook page @memyselfandmygirls to share with other chicken lovers.
If interested, you can go to www.memyselfandmygirls.com and follow my page, links are also included for my other social media.
When I need information I tend to google, and read what other pages have suggested because I am not an expert. I tended to follow backyardchickens advice quite often and am excited to join this group.
danger copy.jpg
welcome arrow23.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom