New to BackYard Chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. New to the site. Not a total newbie in the chicken world but its been awhile since I had any.

I've had various types of birds (Parakeets, Doves, Ring-Neck Doves, Article Ice Pigeons, Zebra Finch, Silver Pheasants, Silver Winged Chickens, and Button Tail Quail). I can honestly say pheasants are tempermental. Easiest would be finch or quail.

I'm a Phoenix native. Born, raised, and raising 3 boys. We have land nw of the valley and slowly getting into farm animals. So far we have Frizzle baby chicks, a little pig - Midget, and a cow named Norman. Norman and Midget stay in Tonopah with friends since our land is a little full.

I have figured out how to get a successful garden. There is a trick to it since Arizona dirt is like concrete. Actually a couple tricks.

I would really love to learn more about chickens. And what stuff they will eat as well. There's a lot of different bugs out here in the Desert Country.

Always up for advice since my chicks are 3 and 4 wks old.

Welcome to BYC! We're glad you joined
frow.gif

In their 3-4 week they should be at 85-80 degrees F in their brooder. Just a little tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom