New to BackYard Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Moma Hen, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Moma Hen

Moma Hen New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    Imlay City area
    Hello everyone!
    I have been interested in raising chickens for a while now. My husband and I recently moved to the country with our daughter and decided now is the time to get our chickens. Come Spring we should be proud chicken parents. I am hoping to gain some knowledge from other chicken owners (books can only tell you so much) before then. Looking forward to this community!

2. iluvpeeps

iluvpeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Somewhere
    Hi and [​IMG]

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Moma Hen, and [​IMG]! Great to have you here! Have you ever come to the right place for poultry knowledge. BYC is chock full of folks with wisdom they are willing to share. Peruse the various forums, ask questions, and have fun! Best of luck to you!

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome I can tell you first hand you've come to the right place for learning I've learned so much in the past couple of weeks

6. dolphinlvr4

dolphinlvr4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Savannah ga
    I am from Cal but was active duty military so we r living in Ga now. We have been waiting yrs to have backyard chickens n now we have 3 3 month old golden buffs( had 5 but lost two to weasels:-(. Needless to say our hen house is now FtKnox lol. I just bought rhode island reds and 2 barred rocks. In less than 12 hrs they all got almost bald so I've taken them from the straw box they came in( got them locally) and put them into a lg plastic pool w/ shavings instead. Does anyone know if the down will come back to thier chest n tummies? I just wanna be a good chicken mom so any n all ideas would be great n Ty! This is such a great forem by the way. :). Goodnight from savannah ga!

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. Search the forums, ask questions, plan and you will be ready to start your flock in the spring.

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. Moma Hen

Moma Hen New Egg

Jan 27, 2013
    Imlay City area
    Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone! It is taking me a while to get use to this website and how to navigate through. I will get this with time!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by