New to BackyardChickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by JessFarmer, Jan 14, 2017.

1. JessFarmer

JessFarmer Just Hatched

Jan 12, 2017
    Hello

Just introducing myself. I raise and breed laying birds and muscovy ducks at the present time and have come to the site quite alot to seek knowledge. I find this site to be an amazing source of enlightenment and look forward to learn all I can in the world of poultry.

2. rakozy4mom

rakozy4mom Just Hatched

Jan 14, 2017
    Hi I'm new to this board. I'm a deaf mom to four hearing kids. One of my kids is very involved w 4-H. We recently acquired courtnix quails..

One of male has been limping-- not sure broken leg but I have noticed his legs have something on it - looks like some kind of shingles or ? Do I need to separate the male from females? I'm little worried.. thanks. Hope for a quick reply and thanks in advance....

3. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  4. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

I should have welcomed you first, sorry about that! Glad to hear BYC has been helpful to you.

Thanks for joining us!

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, JessFarmer, and welcome to BYC! Great to have you in the flock.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under JessFarmer and rakozy4mom [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being BYC members. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

8. LauraBrown

LauraBrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!

9. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    [​IMG]

10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by