New to board, but not to chickens.

ChickenBuff

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2015
Ive been raising chickens now for a couple years. Have gotten some useful information from this board before, so fgured i shoudl go ahead and join, maybe give back to the community.

As I said, I have been raising chickens for a couple years now. I've had as many as 100 chickens at once, and right now I am down to 5 hens. I've raised rhode island reds barred rocks, ameraucanas, leghorns, and cornish crosses. I raise them free range, although the crosses didn't do very good on forage. Next spring I am planning on my first micro scale commercial flock, Ill be ordering 300 chicks, 200 pullets and 100 bonus chicks. These will be kept in a fenced area though so I may go with a production variety.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Wow! You sure have a good sized flock there. Good luck with them all and feel free to ask any questions. We're happy to have you!

Ive been raising chickens now for a couple years. Have gotten some useful information from this board before, so fgured i shoudl go ahead and join, maybe give back to the community.

As I said, I have been raising chickens for a couple years now. I've had as many as 100 chickens at once, and right now I am down to 5 hens. I've raised rhode island reds barred rocks, ameraucanas, leghorns, and cornish crosses. I raise them free range, although the crosses didn't do very good on forage. Next spring I am planning on my first micro scale commercial flock, Ill be ordering 300 chicks, 200 pullets and 100 bonus chicks. These will be kept in a fenced area though so I may go with a production variety.

Welcome to BACK YARD CHICKENS! I'm glad you joined!
Oh wow love those breeds! That's a lot of birds the most chickens I had are 60.

Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens.
frow.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Wow, that's a whole lot of birds! And to think, sometimes I have a hard time keeping track of my 10, lol.

Good luck to you! I sure would like to see a photo of 300 chicks when you get them
big_smile.png

I will definately post a pic of them :) I am using an old camper which has been repurposed as a coop. My guestimates are that that will be the maximum number that can fit in it at one. The bonus chicks tend to be all males, so I will probably sell most of them off, but since I don't breed chickens, any roosters will do for keeping order in the flock. They will have an approximately 5000 sq ft run until they are old enough to free range, then they have over 20 acres.

I will definately post a pic of them :) I am using an old camper which has been repurposed as a coop. My guestimates are that that will be the maximum number that can fit in it at one. The bonus chicks tend to be all males, so I will probably sell most of them off, but since I don't breed chickens, any roosters will do for keeping order in the flock. They will have an approximately 5000 sq ft run until they are old enough to free range, then they have over 20 acres.

Nice!

Back
Top Bottom