New to BYC and need advice on aspirin eggs !

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickenMama1971, Feb 22, 2017.

1. ChickenMama1971

ChickenMama1971 New Egg

Feb 22, 2017
    Hey guys, I love this site & I'm so glad to be a member. I've been treating one of my girls for a badly broken leg for 3 wks now. Did research & properly treated her at home & used aspirin water during her 1st wk. Its been 2 weeks without aspirin water(only reg. Tap water)... but havent used any of her eggs after reading a warning on NOT TO USE "aspirin tainted" eggs. I'm just wondering though, has it been long enough? Can I start keeping/using her eggs yet? Thanks for the help.! Btw, she's doing awesome & ive been letting her slowly mingle back into her family group, now that her leg has almost completely healed.!

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Are you/anyone in the household aspirin sensitive and/or on blood thinners or other medications that would be contraindicated to take with aspirin?

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. It seems like you are in good hands with OGM.

CT

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I don't know how diluted the aspirin would be by the time it gets to eggs but, I agree I wouldn't want to use them. I can't use aspirin so I understand.

5. ChickenMama1971

ChickenMama1971 New Egg

Feb 22, 2017
    Thanks for the responses. yes, i have someone who is aspirin sensitive, plus we sell the eggs. I'd hate to sell them and hurt someone else. I've disposed of all her eggs for the last 2 wks, since shes been off of the aspirin water. I was hoping to start letting her lay with the other chickens, but wouldn't know which egg is hers.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by