New to byc and need help!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by kgas, Apr 25, 2017.

1. kgas

kgas New Egg

Apr 25, 2017
    Hi guys!! Im new to the chicken world and currently obsessed! [​IMG] i got this bantam from tsc and dont know the breed! Help please?!? The chick on the left with the dark legs..what is he/she?!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    NO photo. If you manage to post some - please post photos at "what breed or gender is this." and do mention age in photo.

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
  4. bzombie

bzombie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 24, 2017
    Ohio
    Hi Im new to chickens also,... Mine were born April 17... I had gotten all 7 of mine out of the Asian Black / Blue bin. Which now a week later its amazing how a couple look totally different then the others. With the others its obvious they are the same breed. But what has me wondering is, there was 1 yellow in there so i took it, it has 5 toes on its left foot and 4 toes on its right(but 2 are webbed) so technically it would have 5 toes each. all my others have 4. Also ive been reading and looking at other peoples pics and i have not seen any yellow asian black / blues. Do they come in yellow? [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

5. bzombie

Apr 24, 2017
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

6. bzombie

Apr 24, 2017
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

sorry for separate posts i couldnt combine all into one. going to have to figure that out :)

7. bzombie

Apr 24, 2017
    Ohio
    [​IMG]

8. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under kgas & bzombie [​IMG] Welcome!

As Ken & Diva have suggested, your best option is to post some pictures on the Breed & Gender Forum Ken gave you a link to.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by