New to BYC from East Tennessee

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Duke of Orpington, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Duke of Orpington

Duke of Orpington Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    A big hello to everyone at BYC. Been lurking and reading for a while but finally decided to join in on some of the great discussions. I'm impressed with what I've seen here at BYC. Lots and lots of super nice folks!

I had chickens back in the 70's for a few years but job and business crowded in and didn't leave the time I needed to take care of them. Just recently I got the bug to get some more chickens so I started searching the web for info. I'm not planning on getting chickens until I've decided on plans for a coop and got it built. There's lots of valuable info and pics in the coop section of the forum and the BYC pages. I'm enjoying taking all that in right now, making notes of ideas that you folks have shared on coop construction.

I'll be getting some egg laying chickens when I do get ready for them. Possibly some Orpingtons, Barred Rocks, etc. Will be doing more reading and research on breeds. I plan on having 6 to 12 chickens but I already see how 'more is better' seems to be a chicken farmers way of life.

Look forward to being a part of BYC! [​IMG]

Ron

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] from Indiana!

3. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from PA!

4. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Welcome back to the world of chickens! Glad you found this site, it really is fun, friendly and full of information! [​IMG]

5. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    [​IMG]

6. Duke of Orpington

Dec 12, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Ron

7. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I love Knoxville. Lived there in the 80's. My favorite place. Sure do miss it, still. Know you'll love this site.

8. SunnyDawn

SunnyDawn Sun Lovin' Lizard

Sep 12, 2009
    Nor Cal
    WELCOME DUKE! [​IMG]

9. OutInTheStiks

OutInTheStiks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2009
    Thorn Hill, TN
    Welcome neighbor! I'm a little north east of Knoxville in Grainger County.

10. Duke of Orpington

Dec 12, 2009
    Knoxville, TN
    Quote:Well, my mother was a native Grainger countian, so I'm kinda familiar with a few places there. Thanks for the welcome! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by