New to BYC From North Mississippi

jmcneley

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 11, 2012
Red Banks, MS
Hello Everyone.

We are new to the BackYard Chickens forum and somewhat experienced with chickens. My husband and I have been involved with them since 2008 when we got our first 4 dz birds (Delawares, RIR, Cuckoo Marans, Speckled Sussex). We have some general chickens for the egg sales and that is where we put our culls that are not up to the APA/ABA standards. We have decided to specialize in a few breeds for improvement of the breed and for showing and our nearly 200 birds are now less than 80 + 17 lavender guineas. We've chosen the FBC & Wheaten Marans, Wheaten Ameraucanas, and the Bearded Belgian D'Uccles (Mille Fleur, Porcelain, and Mottled). We also have 2 chicken shows under our belt where we observed our first one at the 2011 Big Bird Show in Arkansas and then we participated in the 2011 Delta Fair Poultry Show where my Mille Fleur D'Uccle Cockeral took home the award for Best in Show. We hope to do more shows as we have birds that we think are ready. We do the shows as a way to grade our breeding program and to learn from the judges comments. Anyway... We look forward to sharing information and learning from this site.

Thank you.

Last edited:
WelcometoBYC.gif

hey there jmc. we are thinking about entering thisyear. tell me a litle about it please? never done a show

Back
Top Bottom