New to BYC from Northern California

rebeccab0206

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2015
Hi! I've just officially joined BYC but have been on the site for months, I live in the middle of nowhere in Northern California on alot of acreage. But I wanted to say you guys have helped me from incubation problems with shipped eggs to unabsorbed yolk sacs to curled feet. I currently have 3 full grown barred rock hens and 4 young Lavender Orpington chicks, I'm hoping to start a thread soon to see if anyone can help me sex my Lavender babies. I just wanted again to officially say Thank You all for your help!! :)

Welcome to BYC
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thanks! My lavenders are my first I've raised from hatch so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. They surprise and crack me up everyday lol. I took them into the garden the first time the other day and hunkered down to check a sprinkler and was taken completely my surpise when the four chicks gathered under me for shelter hehehe Im loving being their mama :love

Hello and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Enjoy your new babies! They will do that...when you take them someplace new, they will run to you for safety. You are their momma!!!

If you have any questions about them along the way, feel free to ask. Enjoy your cutie pies and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

It sounds like you have a lovely flock! I've always found Lavender Orpingtons to be especially beautiful birds.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom