New to BYC from Northern California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rebeccab0206, Feb 10, 2015.

1. rebeccab0206

rebeccab0206 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2015
    Hi! I've just officially joined BYC but have been on the site for months, I live in the middle of nowhere in Northern California on alot of acreage. But I wanted to say you guys have helped me from incubation problems with shipped eggs to unabsorbed yolk sacs to curled feet. I currently have 3 full grown barred rock hens and 4 young Lavender Orpington chicks, I'm hoping to start a thread soon to see if anyone can help me sex my Lavender babies. I just wanted again to officially say Thank You all for your help!! :)

2. Rizwanshah

Rizwanshah Out Of The Brooder

Dec 10, 2013
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG]

3. rebeccab0206

Feb 10, 2015
    Thanks! Im happy to be here and not just lurk anymore :)

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

5. rebeccab0206

Feb 10, 2015
    Thanks! My lavenders are my first I've raised from hatch so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. They surprise and crack me up everyday lol. I took them into the garden the first time the other day and hunkered down to check a sprinkler and was taken completely my surpise when the four chicks gathered under me for shelter hehehe Im loving being their mama :love

6. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Enjoy your new babies! They will do that...when you take them someplace new, they will run to you for safety. You are their momma!!!

If you have any questions about them along the way, feel free to ask. Enjoy your cutie pies and welcome to our flock!

7. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] so glad you joined us. Being a chicken mom is quite rewarding...

8. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined us.

It sounds like you have a lovely flock! I've always found Lavender Orpingtons to be especially beautiful birds.[​IMG]

9. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  10. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

[​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop. There are a lot of great peeps here! Ask questions and most of all make yourself at home. So glad you joined.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by