New to BYC from northern Nevada

Jlee203

In the Brooder
5 Years
Feb 2, 2014
Approaching one year of owning chickens and LOVE it! Started out with 15 chicks last march. Sadly a dog jumped our fence and took 8 of our chickens in the fall. We have since adopted 7 more chickens into our flock leaving us with 13 hens, and one rooster. We have 3 buff Orpington, 3 Easter eggers, 2 golden sexlink, 1 white leghorn, 1 aracauna , 1 road island red, 1 silkie bantam, and another bantam hen and bantam rooster, both of which I'm not sure of the breed. We average 8-10 eggs per day and are still waiting on two of our hens to start laying. We've absolutely enjoyed the experience of raising chickens!! We allow our chickens to free range in our backyard among our two dogs, and they are one happy family! We're looking to hatch our own eggs this spring and hoping to find helpful information on this site regarding breeding, natural incubation, and raising chicks. Look forward to being a part of the BYC community! :)

Welcome to BYC! I lost my flock to Coyotes 2012 so I know how you feel. Here in Oklahoma we are in a draught and all the critters are having a rough time. Since I lost my flock I built my pen where nothing can get in. They free range during the day and we have plenty of hawks, cats, dogs that can enter my land. So far I have lost one chick and that was to a cat. Again Welcome to BYC!

Approaching one year of owning chickens and LOVE it! Started out with 15 chicks last march. Sadly a dog jumped our fence and took 8 of our chickens in the fall. We have since adopted 7 more chickens into our flock leaving us with 13 hens, and one rooster. We have 3 buff Orpington, 3 Easter eggers, 2 golden sexlink, 1 white leghorn, 1 aracauna , 1 road island red, 1 silkie bantam, and another bantam hen and bantam rooster, both of which I'm not sure of the breed. We average 8-10 eggs per day and are still waiting on two of our hens to start laying. We've absolutely enjoyed the experience of raising chickens!! We allow our chickens to free range in our backyard among our two dogs, and they are one happy family! We're looking to hatch our own eggs this spring and hoping to find helpful information on this site regarding breeding, natural incubation, and raising chicks. Look forward to being a part of the BYC community!
smile.png

TO BYC! TYPE IN YOUR STATE, AND YOU WILL FIND NEIGHBOR FOLLOWERS THERE..OR, OF COURSE, GO TO ANY THREAD THAT MAY HELP YOU WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

Back
Top Bottom