New to BYC! Help me name my farm!

Which name do you like best?

• Total voters

prettylittlehens

Chirping
Oct 14, 2020
Hey y’all! I’m new to the site and still somewhat new to chickens as we’ve only had our flock for about 9 months. Anyways, I’m wondering if any of you can help me come up with a fun and catchy name for my farm? I hope to have everything up and running, so to speak, by spring and would love to have a set in stone name by then for advertising purposes.

A little background about me and mine:

-My husband and I bought a 1940’s farmhouse in January and have worked really hard to improve it while still keeping its old school charm alive. In the 60’s the previous owners ran a small grocery store and gas station from a building they built on the border of the property and the highway, and later on also added a large tire and body repair shop. I’m told it was once a very popular little hangout spot and holds a lot of history for our area- if dirt could talk I’m sure there would plenty of stories to tell! After many hours cleaning and scraping the old block building (repair shop) has now become my barn because somehow all these animals keep showing up lol

-I have three main chicken breeds (Lavender Orphington, Silkies, Easter Eggers) that I plan to hatch, and sell. Will also be hatching some crosses to see what those chicks look like.
-I plan to sell eggs as well. I have a flock of about thirty different breeds right now and have specifically selected them because of the range of egg colors they will lay for me. Think rainbow eggs.
-Chickens are not my only focus. I also breed/sell rabbits (mini rex and mini lops), Nigerian dwarf goats, the occasional duckling or duck eggs, and goat milk products such as lotions and soaps.

So now that you have an idea of what goes on around my mini farm - let me know if you have any clever name ideas!

Welcome to BYC i would be curious to find out the name of either the small grocery store or tire shop and maybe go off the original name of those you could do a spin off of the original names from back then. I think that would be really cool. I love the history in this and would love to find out what you come up with!

Welcome to BYC i would be curious to find out the name of either the small grocery store or tire shop and maybe go off the original name of those you could do a spin off of the original names from back then. I think that would be really cool. I love the history in this and would love to find out what you come up with!

This was my first thought too but unfortunately both were named based off of the then owners last name. The family is still located in the area so I don’t think I could use that in mine, and if I did I worry it would be too confusing. I’ll attach the only picture I’ve found of the store when it was up and running. I love history myself so I was determined to track down a picture of the place from back in the day!
7F148A8F-05CB-4B5E-B9A2-4C0E18D2E656.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom