1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to BYC Just wanted to say hi to everyone and get knowen!!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Exotic Birds, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Exotic Birds

Exotic Birds Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2012
    Coweta,Oklahoma
    Hi everyone, My name is nick i'm 28 years old. I have been trying to break into the bird business for about a 2 years now. I Raise a peafowl,chickens,quail,rabbits, royal palm turkeys and call ducks. And i'm always looking for more to add to the farm, i'm interested in sumatra's,valley quail,mountain quail,call ducks,turkeys, gold laced brahma's,silver laced brahma's chocolate orpingtons, and many others..[​IMG]

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] Hope we'll see you in the duck section! Love your avatar. What colors of peafowl do you raise?

3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    :frow & :welcome from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Love the peas in your avatar! :thumbsup

4. Exotic Birds

Sep 30, 2012
    Coweta,Oklahoma
    Hi and thanks, I raise india blue's,black shoulders,white,cameo white eyed pied's,emerald green pied's, purple spauldings,purple pieds,midnight's, and Java Green muticus muticus.

5. weimarmama

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop

Wow, you have some really nice peafowl - I've so been wanting some cameos. Any plans to sell hatching eggs next year?

6. Exotic Birds

Sep 30, 2012
    Coweta,Oklahoma
    Yeah i plan on selling all the colors i get this coming year. I hatched 65 babies this past summer and they are doing really good.

7. weimarmama

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Wow, 65 peachicks, that was really good. I only hatched out less than ten this year lol.

8. Exotic Birds

Sep 30, 2012
    Coweta,Oklahoma
    Yeah that happened to me the first year i tried, What kind of peafowl do you have?

9. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    That's quite the color selection [​IMG]. The peafowl people are going to love your pictures [​IMG]

10. weimarmama

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop

Just blue and pied, mostly. But I just added a couple of young blackshoulders this month. Can't wait til they're older :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by