New to BYC, New to chickens

Luke72

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 27, 2013
I've just picked up 4 chickens and built a small coop for them, I'll build a bigger when as time permits. I'm really excited to get started raising them but I need some help... can anyone tell me what I have? I've had some friends tell me what they are and so far I've had a few different opinions, I'd like a few more
wink.png

The black one in front is super friendly, the rest are a little more skittish still.

And this one is a bit of a bully.

Thanks for any help, BYC is awesome!

Opps, forget to mention, they guy I bought the from said they were all about 19 weeks old.

The one you say is a bully looks like either a dominique or a barred rock. The others look like a hen I have called an Iowa Blue, but my hen is not show quality at all so I could be wrong cuz a good quality Iowa Blue should not look like that.

I don't have any roosters but I think they just mount them they might pull on some feathers, my friends hens had bald spots from his rooster.

I am just wondering whether or not your particular rooster is being hard on the hens because there is not a lot of hens to spread his attentions among.

Back
Top Bottom