New to BYC! Thanks to all for the helpful information.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by OldFarmGirl68, Feb 26, 2013.

1. OldFarmGirl68

OldFarmGirl68 New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    (1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? My first day to sign up, lots of great information and questions for that matter. Got my first two chickens about 4 months ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? My family and I have 2 roosters, 10 chickens and 6 chicks.

(3) What breeds do you have? We have 3 silkies, Lancelot, SnowWhite and Gwenavier, 1 cochin frizzle, Ethal, 4 rhode island red, BigRed, Ruby, Penny and Jubilee, 2 aricauna, PrettyBoy and Abby and 2 black marans, Bella and Chloe. The chicks are 4 pullets; 2 barred rock and 2 rhode island red and 2 straight run rhode island red, they are going on 2 weeks old. Got them from Tractor Supply.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? My sister found you on FaceBook, she got 2 roosters from my brother and I told him I would take the 3rd rooster. He brought me the rooster, I named him PrettyBoy and a hen, Abby. It all rolled down hill for my husbands pocket book from there. lol! All kidding aside, we love the chickens and their eggs, yum!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I use to do crafty things when my kids were in school. Now with SLE and Raynauds, I have a hard time using my hands. So now I just garden; vegetables, flowers, yard work, etc...

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    I do not work outside the home. My oldest daughter, her husband and baby girl moved in till they can finish up some college stuff close by until he heads out for A&M. So I get to enjoy my gran-baby, well she's two and a half years old. We grow hay on our 40 acres across the street from our 15 acres. I take care of our 3 horses, 4 dogs a large pond full of catfish and bass and now 2 chicken coops and a brooder box full of chicks. So funny how I create more work for myself. That's okay, at least everyday there is something different to deal with in my life.

2. Cluckspert

Cluckspert New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    Hello and [​IMG] from Claremont, NC! Glad you decided to join us and take an interest in chickens! I hope you find all you need and more! If I can be of assistance, please let me know either through this thread or a PM! Good luck!

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC. It sounds as if you have a full and satisfying life!

4. belwelch

belwelch Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2011
    Kentucky
    Welcome to BYC from Kentucky

5. OldFarmGirl68

OldFarmGirl68 New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    Thanks, I need lots of help. What is PM?

6. OldFarmGirl68

OldFarmGirl68 New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    Yes I do and thank you.

7. OldFarmGirl68

OldFarmGirl68 New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    Thank you so much.

8. Cluckspert

Cluckspert New Egg

Feb 26, 2013
    PM-Private Message
    You can do this by scrolling over my name on this post and going down to "Send PM"

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, OldFarmGirl68, and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Best of luck to you and your poultry!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by