New to BYC... want to show off new babies :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by WILDaboutCHICKENS, Nov 21, 2011.

1. WILDaboutCHICKENS

WILDaboutCHICKENS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2011
    Texas
    Howdy! I have worked with animals my whole life and career, but these are my "gasp" FIRST chickens!! Actually they are supposed to be for my daughter, but I am equally excited about them, and also excited to find BYC and other chicken enthusiasts!! Thanks for so much great reading material!!
    Our 8 new Silkie girls (hopefully) that arrived this week from mypetchicken dot com in wonderful health!! Unfortunately it seems as if new BYC members cannot post photos [​IMG] Anyone know when the link/pic posting ban gets lifted??

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Just post a few more times and let us get to know you. Welcome to BYC!

3. P-Funk

P-Funk Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Franktown
    Hi from the Palmer divide! You need 10 posts before you can put pics up.

4. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    [​IMG] From middle tn...so their "YOUR" daughters chickens.... [​IMG] sure...oh and if they are.. where are YOURS?

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] from Indiana! Yeah...visit a few threads and post a few comments/suggestions/experiences/questions. After you hit 10 you should be able to post pictures. [​IMG]

6. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    our just chat with us here!! tell us why you got chickens!

7. Welcome!

8. WILDaboutCHICKENS

WILDaboutCHICKENS Out Of The Brooder

Nov 21, 2011
    Texas
    Awwwww Thanks guyz [​IMG] Nice to meet ya'll!!!
    We just moved back to TX from South Africa a few weeks ago, and are leasing a little farm for now. Thought chickens would be good for the kiddo, and we don't want to commit to much else until we know our next step.... We move a lot, Africa and back and forth to USA, so it's an interesting but complicated life!! Hubby and I are involved in conservation work.... if you want to know more you can read some of my slightly outdated blog "the giraffe whisperer dot com".... ya'll will probably get a kick out of it, most folks do!!

Despite all of our close work with wild and exotic animals, my daughter is very cautious/smart when it comes to bigger animals, and these chicks are fantastic because she can handle them and not worry about anything (don't worry she is gentle and always supervised). I showed rabbits in 4H when I was in middle school, and although I am from city-folk stock, I always knew I was a country girl at heart [​IMG] I'm hoping maybe she wants to show chickens in a year or two (she is 3), but we have no idea where we will be.... very likely we'll be back in Africa in 2012!

9. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

Welcome to BYC!! I believe you need to have at lease 10 posts to post pictures.

10. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Welcome. [​IMG]

Can't wait to see your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by