New to BYC

bullrunslabs

Chirping
May 3, 2016
Oregon
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
My grandmother has always had chickens, and going home to visit her each summer, we always had fun trying to find the nests and seeing which color eggs we could find. Two springs ago, I decided it was time to let my kids experience the joy of chickens. This spring, I have chosen to start with a new flock who are currently 12 weeks old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I am currently raising 43 chickens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Barred Rocks, Cuckoo Marans, Buff Orpingtons', Blue Red Laced Wyandottes, Gold Laced Wyandottes, Australorps, Mottled Java, Delaware, Welsummers, Ameraucanas, and Speckled Sussex.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
When I was researching types of chickens I found a link to this site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love cattle ranching, gardening and canning, fishing and hunting, camping and teaching my kids about life away from electronics.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My name is Jessie, I have two amazing sons and a wonderful husband. We are very actively involved in raising my niece and 5 nephews. I grew up in a ranching family, loving anything outdoors. We also raise rabbits, kio, horses, goats, cats and Labradors. Soon we will be raising beef again as well. We are working towards a more self sufficient lifestyle, little by little.

Nice to meet you Jessie, sounds like you are doing a great job with chickens and family. Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock
frow.gif

Hi Jessie and
welcome-byc.gif
- thanks for the introduction - its great to hear that you have a new flock.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre (even if you have lots of experience)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread

All the best
CT

Thank you! BYC has been my go to site for about a year, I don't know why I hadn't signed up for it sooner! My husband doesn't get my chicken hobby at all so it is nice to "speak" to like minded folks.

Back
Top Bottom