New to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Chic mum, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Chic mum

Chic mum New Egg

Aug 23, 2016
    Texas
    Hello all[​IMG]
    My name is Pam aka Chic mum, I guess I'll jump right in and ask a question about one of my two week old lil silkies [​IMG] Just one day ago she was the picture of health but lLast evening she started walking strange / not in the up right position more or less on the back of her legs.. Today her lil feet are curled inward . Does anyone know what this could mean?
    I've started giving her a mixture of water/organic apple cider Vinegar and drop or two of honey just to keep her hydrated but I don't know what else's I can do for her.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Pam. It would help a lot if you would post a photo of how she stands, when you go to the ER thread. You may also want to post on the "Silkie thread," in case it is some thing that is common.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you have some great advice and links already so I'll just say hello and wish you the best of luck with your little girl.

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. Forest Walker

Forest Walker New Egg

Aug 20, 2016
    Hello all Forest here and thank you for welcoming to your forum it's a wealth of information. I/we know nothing about chickens except cooking them and hopefully we will learn. We are looking at building a coop and raising some chickens but we don't know if we can because we are away from our property 4months out of the year on the winter season? Hopefully some of you folks can give us some advice pertaining to that. Thank you Forest

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by