New to BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by poppsiej, Feb 10, 2017.

1. poppsiej

poppsiej Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2017
    Denver, CO
    My Coop
    Hi Everyone,
    My name is Justin and I am a backyard chicken keeper in Denver, CO. My flock of 10 consists of a variety of chickens. I have been keeping chickens ever since I bought our house 3 years ago but also had chickens when I was young on the farm.

This year, the coop is going to get some needed TLC and hens are going to be getting a larger run as well.

Finally, I am going to try hatching some eggs this year as well. Should be an exciting year for us in Chicken-dom.

2. poppsiej

Feb 10, 2017
    Denver, CO
    My Coop
    Here are some pictures of our coop I built for those who are interested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Hi Justin, it's nice to have you here!

My parents lived in Denver for many years and it was a nice surprise to find out that backyard flocks were being allowed. If you would like to 'meet' other members in CO, you can find your state thread using the link in my signature (down at the bottom of this post).

Good luck to you with all your plans!

4. poppsiej

Feb 10, 2017
    Denver, CO
    My Coop
    Thanks NFC! I feel pretty lucky the Denver is so friendly towards urban homesteading. Technically, we can have 12 chickens, 2 ducks, and two goats, regardless of the size of our land. There are towns such as Englewood that have no restrictions on number of animals, it just can't be a "nuisance" to your neighbors.

I will be pushing the limits of Denver's laws this year but luckily, my neighbors can be "paid-off" with a dozen eggs here any there. [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Egg payments can be very helpful in making neighbors more chicken friendly. Glad it's working out for you!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Justin [​IMG] Welcome!

I love your coop, just gorgeous!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Beautiful coop Justin. Is the run door tall enough to enter without ducking? Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens[​IMG]

8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Justin, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Great looking coop - you have some skills, son! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by