New to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Bubba Ray, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Bubba Ray

Bubba Ray New Egg

Feb 16, 2017
    Hey yall ! Just joined this group to find out more info about raising poultry. I recently moved out to a pretty rural area and decided to raise chickens, ducks ect. I just got 3 Rouen Ducks today and am waiting to finish building the coup for the chickens. Glad to be a part of this group. Cheers from Ohio !

2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC - and to the adventure of poultry keeping! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Have you decided on a coop design yet? If not, the "coops" tab at the top can be a great place to get some ideas -- I like to look at different coops and find bits and pieces of this coop and that coop that I can take and put together into the design I like.
    So glad you've joined us!

3. Gray Farms

Gray Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    NW Missouri
    Hello and Welcome

4. Bubba Ray

Bubba Ray New Egg

Feb 16, 2017
    No solid plans yet. There are so many neat designs its hard to choose. But I like the idea of taking features I like from many different kinds and going from there. Come spring I plan on getting at least 6 Rhode Island Reds or Leghorns.but more realistically probably both lol

5. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    Hey there and [​IMG] ! We're glad you joined the flock!

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Bubby Ray [​IMG] Welcome!

Congratulations on the new property.

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Mixed flocks are nice, it's fun to see the differences.

Good luck with all your plans!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Glad to meet you Bubba Ray. Hope you will enjoy BYC as much as we do.

9. MissNutmeg

MissNutmeg Overrun With Chickens

Jan 18, 2017
    Naboo
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! I think you'll like it! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by