New to BYC

Maytag08

In the Brooder
Feb 17, 2018
Hi, I'm maytag08, We moved to Wa. State. We moved here to stay with my father-in-law. We sold & gave away everything to relocate here. Well know we are farmers. I know nothing about chickens or eggs except how to prepare them. I have a husband of 35yrs, my kids are 3 dogs & 1 cat. I crochet as a hobby. My passion is Gardening, But here in northwest like today it is snowing & windy down right cold. By now back in Mo. daffodils & tulips would be budding. Thank you

Hi, I'm maytag08, We moved to Wa. State. We moved here to stay with my father-in-law. We sold & gave away everything to relocate here. Well know we are farmers. I know nothing about chickens or eggs except how to prepare them. I have a husband of 35yrs, my kids are 3 dogs & 1 cat. I crochet as a hobby. My passion is Gardening, But here in northwest like today it is snowing & windy down right cold. By now back in Mo. daffodils & tulips would be budding. Thank you
Welcome!!!:welcome:wee

Welcome to BYC chicken coop.

Hello and welcome to BYC

Here’s a link to the Articles section - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/ There you’ll find lots of information on almost every aspect of keeping chickens - from coop building ideas, to incubating eggs.

There’s a link on the page above to the Learning Centre - it’s a great resource. If you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

Each week, various topics are discussed, which can also be a great resource - https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/topic-of-the-week-thread-archive

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - Find Your State Thread

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Greetings and welcome to BYC Mayag! So glad you joined us. Not sure bu it doesn't sound like you're to thrilled about your present location... :duc:oops: Chickens are pretty easy animals to start out with. They're referred to as the "gateway" animal for new "farmers". You have to watch out with them though... There's this thing called "chicken math". They start multiplying over time :barnie

There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember from this thread. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Back
Top Bottom