New to BYC

Xanxan

In the Brooder
Mar 5, 2018
Yale, MI
Howdy all. I was introduced to chicken life by my fiance. He had a small flock of 6. Then he got a few more day old chics, then we hatched a few and then got a few more day old chics.

Now we have a flock of 21 laying hens, 2 Roosters (Swedish Flower and a Blue Partridge English Orpington) 2 Khaki Campbells (1 drake, 1 duck), and 1 Guinea Rooster and 6 new chics from our flock.

Our girls are
Buff Orpington
Ameraucana
Lavender Orpington
Red Star
Amberlink
Swedish Flower
Isabel Orpington
Blue Copper Maran
Chocolate Orpington
Black Australorps

Our flock have a nice large run and we let them free range as often as possible. We are hatching for my sister in law right now. But with so many girls and 2 roosters it's hard to know who's chics are hatched/hatching.

We love gardening both indoor and outdoor. We have 29 orchids, an herb garden and are excited to be starting our garden in the grow room. I love to bake and cook. I also love any homemade projects I can get my hands into. I love trying new beer, wine and spirits. Big fan of museums too.

I work in hotel management in downtown Detroit and live about an hour away. It's just amazing coming home to my fiance and our dog Xerxes after stressful days in the city.

I look forward to reading more and sharing with this large community.

Thanks here are a few pics. We only have 3 in bloom but the pic with Xerxes are most of them.
Screenshot_20180306-120740.jpg
20180306_120401.jpg
20180306_120421.jpg

View attachment 1285768

Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Orchids are very pretty. Can you post pictures of them?

Howdy all. I was introduced to chicken life by my fiance. He had a small flock of 6. Then he got a few more day old chics, then we hatched a few and then got a few more day old chics.

Now we have a flock of 21 laying hens, 2 Roosters (Swedish Flower and a Blue Partridge English Orpington) 2 Khaki Campbells (1 drake, 1 duck), and 1 Guinea Rooster and 6 new chics from our flock.

Our girls are

Our flock have a nice large run and we let them free range as often as possible. We are hatching for my sister in law right now. But with so many girls and 2 roosters it's hard to know who's chics are hatched/hatching.

We love gardening both indoor and outdoor. We have 29 orchids, an herb garden and are excited to be starting our garden in the grow room. I love to bake and cook. I also love any homemade projects I can get my hands into. I love trying new beer, wine and spirits. Big fan of museums too.

I work in hotel management in downtown Detroit and live about an hour away. It's just amazing coming home to my fiance and our dog Xerxes after stressful days in the city.

I look forward to reading more and sharing with this large community.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens glad you stopped to join us

Back
Top Bottom