New to BYC

MamaEdwards

In the Brooder
Jan 20, 2022
1) We have tried two times to have chickens. Predators have taken them out each time. We’re getting ready to have some more hatched

(3) What breeds do you have? - looking into barred Plymouth Rock, Brahma, and Orpingtons

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - herbs and making herbal remedies, hiking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - My husband and I have been married 17 years. We have 4 kids ranging from 16 - 6. I’m currently a kindergarten para, but I’m also in college. I’m also a massage therapist and looking into picking that back up more so than working at the school.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D - I just found BYC today when I googled breeds that get along well. I’m looking forward to having somewhere to come with questions and learning all I can.

1) We have tried two times to have chickens. Predators have taken them out each time. We’re getting ready to have some more hatched

(3) What breeds do you have? - looking into barred Plymouth Rock, Brahma, and Orpingtons

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? - herbs and making herbal remedies, hiking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. - My husband and I have been married 17 years. We have 4 kids ranging from 16 - 6. I’m currently a kindergarten para, but I’m also in college. I’m also a massage therapist and looking into picking that back up more so than working at the school.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D - I just found BYC today when I googled breeds that get along well. I’m looking forward to having somewhere to come with questions and learning all I can.
Weclome!!! :frow

Some tips I will give:
- Hardware clothe is pricey (even more so now), but is your best friend for keeping things OUT.
- Make sure the coop has either an anti-dig apron, or a cement slab under it. Predators can dig in.
- Free ranging comes with risks. Its good for others, but may not be the choice for some.

Other than that, I wish you the best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom