New to BYC!

Envy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 27, 2013
Heathcote, Victoria
Hey there! I'm from Heathcote (near Bendigo) in Victoria. I'm an ex breeder of show quality Silkie bantams
and have since decided to take on a new adventure with Chinese geese.

I have recently purchased two week old goslings who I am hoping will mature into show quality. These are my first geese so I'm still very new to it all and am more than grateful for any help and information you can offer me! Both of them are brown geese, and I'm considering eventually expanding into the white.

Since moving away from the Silkies, I have become particularly interested in waterfowl and am hoping to get some ducks in a few months time. So far I'm taken by the Indian runners.

Other than my two goslings, I have a pedigree German Shepherd who I train in both obedience and tracking. I'm also a foster carer for several animal rescue organisations so always have animals coming and going. I also have a flock of Dorper, Damara and crossbred sheep.

Welcome to BYC from West TN ! Good stuff to be found here and someone will have and answer on Geese, I am of Not much help on the geese other than the Snows, Blues, Specks and Canadians during season :)

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You'll find good info and expert help in the Other BackYard Poultry section. If you're interested in sheep (or other farm animals) chat I think you'll also enjoy our sister site, www.BackYardHerds.com Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom