New to BYC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Elizabethanne, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Elizabethanne

Elizabethanne New Egg

Aug 10, 2014
    I'm new both the BYC and raising chickens... I'm a first grade teacher- my team-mates and I hatched chicks at the beginning of May. I'm pretty sure they are American Game hens- Greys? The eggs were given to us by a parent. I've researched and researched to try and find the breed.. I'm attaching pictures if anyone could help me out... I kept three ladies and our family loves them!! They are about 14 weeks old and I swear I heard one of them sing the "egg song" last night. I know it's too early, but is it possible? I guess I have lots of questions... Lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. iwiw60

iwiw60 Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2014
    Central Oregon
    Greetings from Oregon! [​IMG]

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Pretty birds! Yes, they do look like games, but I am not sure of the exact breed of game. You might post this pic in our What Breed section for more help with IDing them....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

4. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Lovely birds!

6. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You definitely have game hens (they might be American Gray Games, although I'm not positive that's the case). X2 on posting their pics on What Breed and Gender it This? It would be very early for them to lay eggs at 14 weeks. Most hens lay from 20-24 weeks, a few a little earlier, and rarely one will lay as early as 16-17 weeks. Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your game hens.

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] beautiful birds

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by