NEW TO CHICKEN LAND...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rockmissjess, Mar 3, 2014.

1. rockmissjess

rockmissjess Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    Hey everyone im jess... new to the chicken world.. my first chicks ever are being shipped out monday from chickensforbackyards.com... ive been on BYC now for about a month and still havent introduced myself properly.. so here i am!
    I am 26, mother of 3 (well 4 or 5 if you count my husband and his best friend living with us) I am overly excited with getting these chicks and starting my new hobby here in the <3 of Arizona.. :) i hope you all will answer any questions i post as i have a feeling once i get them i will have more questions than the book and the reasearch ive done the last month will actually cover :) I would love to get to know you all as well.. as me living out in the boonies having other chicken lovers will allow me to form new friendships online! :) im on ALL THE TIME! bahhahha (computer nerd)

-Jess
    [​IMG]

AND PLEASE IF ANY OF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH COYOTES IN YOUR AREA PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU HAVE KEPT YOU CHICKENS SAFE IF YOU LET THEM FREE RANGE DURING THE DAY THANKS! XOXO!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright Jess, [​IMG] it's great to have you and your family joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

Good looking bunch of kid's you have there ( secret keep your family photos in a safe place as they grow so fast and you can't replace them )

[​IMG]
    Snoozing in the noon sun [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Feeding time at the zoo [​IMG]

Enjoy your poultry ventures [​IMG]

gander007 [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. manychitlens

manychitlens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2014
    Northern California
    Aww your kids are adorable! And yes husbands count. ;) I'm new too but welcome! :)

4. rockmissjess

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    THANKS :) So far i really like it here and i respond to all posts and im online more often than not.. lol

5. chickenboy190

chickenboy190 Overrun With Chickens

May 31, 2013
    Ohio
    Welcome! Glad you joined BYC!!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    go to "Where am I, where are you," in the social forum and post on your state thread - you may even find friendly folks close enough to meet in person.

1 person likes this.
  7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

Great to have you aboard and enjoy all your poultry adventures!

8. rockmissjess

Jan 23, 2014
    Prescott Area, Arizona
    Quote: TYVM! Also i went to the arizona forumn thing thank you for the tip! thats awesome cause people there are dealing with the same wildlife i am! TYSM!

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC!

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Jess, welcome to BYC. Coyotes are smart and determined - eliminate one and the rest will stay educated for a while.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by