New to chicken raising, need help sexing my silkies!

winteronyx

Hatching
May 30, 2016
Massachusetts
Hi, I'm about nine weeks into being a new chicken mama and I have four Silkie chicks, unsexed. I have an unfortunate feeling that I have all roosters though so I could use some help deciphering them if at all possible. There's two white and two buff. One white had a red comb and waddle and the other is black. Both buffs are a little smaller with black combs and waddles barely starting. Here are some pics. Thank you for any help.---Gina
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Silkies are notoriously hard to sex but I see you have posted in the what breed gender section. I'm sure members there will be able to help you.
Wishing you the very best of luck with your very pretty birds in the future.
Enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi and welcome - I hope you get some good news from the gender experts.

All the best
Ct

I love hatching silkies! They really hard to sex for a while. A couple of give aways...longer legs, a sweeping back hair do. Hope you know soon. :) Because soon, if..they are boys...there will be this really funny sound that comes out of their mouths, until they figure out the manly way to make the sound. :p

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may also want to check out the "Silkie thread." put that in the search box and it will pop up for you.

Back
Top Bottom