New to chicken raising

Lestagechicks

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 18, 2013
Cypress, TX
Hi my name is Anel my husband and I have been talking about taking the plunge into chicken raising for a while and have felt that our kids 6 and 4 are finally old enough to help. Yesterday we finally got 3 beautiful 5 week old girls and we are in love. We are wanting to purchase a few more but can't seem to get our hands on any. We have a large backyard and a small barn where they will be sleeping hubby is putting wire in today so we can move them outside where they will be allowed to roam free. We are looking forward to raising them and would appreciate any advice

Greetings from Kansas, Lestagechicks, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community and the chicken universe. There is a lot of great learning to do on BYC - and help as you need it. I'd advise a stop at the Learning Center - it will give you what you need to know with regard to chicken care and upkeep. Beyond that, peruse the various forums! Good luck and have fun!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/

Hi my name is Anel my husband and I have been talking about taking the plunge into chicken raising for a while and have felt that our kids 6 and 4 are finally old enough to help. Yesterday we finally got 3 beautiful 5 week old girls and we are in love. We are wanting to purchase a few more but can't seem to get our hands on any. We have a large backyard and a small barn where they will be sleeping hubby is putting wire in today so we can move them outside where they will be allowed to roam free. We are looking forward to raising them and would appreciate any advice
Welcome to BYC!

I would just say, be aware of what predators are in your area before letting youngsters run free, chicks and chickens bring hungry predators out of the woodwork. Use hardware cloth or welded wire on your pens, not chicken wire, for the same reasons.

Have fun with your new chicks, your kids will have a great time raising them!

Welcome to BYC!

I would just say, be aware of what predators are in your area before letting youngsters run free, chicks and chickens bring hungry predators out of the woodwork. Use hardware cloth or welded wire on your pens, not chicken wire, for the same reasons.

Have fun with your new chicks, your kids will have a great time raising them!
X 2 - Welcome to BYC.

Back
Top Bottom