New to chickens.. 36 incubating end of Day 20.. questions

Chickenshht

Chirping
Hi there we’re at the end of day 20 here (I set them early afternoon I’m new). I don’t see any pips or movement (except one egg has moved) is this normal? I didn’t candle the eggs because I didn’t know. Temp has been consistent and humidity since day 18 lockdown has been 65-70 no less.. anyone had a silent hatch? I’m nervous

Have you candled at any point to check for development/viability? How many eggs do you have?

At day 20 I'd hope to see some external pips. But it's likely they're fine! How consistent has your temperature been? How has it been measured?

Have you candled at any point to check for development/viability? How many eggs do you have?

At day 20 I'd hope to see some external pips. But it's likely they're fine! How consistent has your temperature been? How has it been measured?
I I have a auto turning incubator; the temperature is measured by it as well as humidity. It has been 100% consistent. I have 36 eggs. I tried to candle a few but I was too late and the eggs looked full.. I haven’t messed with them at all, on lock down day removed the turner and upped humidity.

If there are no external pips I would candle to check for internal pips. Put a x or something on any internally pipped ones so you will know if there are any new internal pips, and roughly how long ago they internally pipped. Mine always hatch on day 21, they are always rocking when I lock them down. The rocking is them moving into position for hatch. Do you have your brooder set up?

I I have a auto turning incubator; the temperature is measured by it as well as humidity. It has been 100% consistent. I have 36 eggs. I tried to candle a few but I was too late and the eggs looked full.. I haven’t messed with them at all, on lock down day removed the turner and upped humidity.
Do you have an additional calibrated thermometer inside of the incubator? Built in ones are almost always wrong.

If there are no external pips I would candle to check for internal pips. Put a x or something on any internally pipped ones so you will know if there are any new internal pips, and roughly how long ago they internally pipped. Mine always hatch on day 21, they are always rocking when I lock them down. The rocking is them moving into position for hatch. Do you have your brooder set up?
Okay, thank you. Some have rocked just not all. My Brooder is set up and ready to roll. 💕

Back
Top Bottom