New to chickens by myself lol

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jenn88, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Jenn88

Jenn88 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2015
    Texas
    Hello everyone!! I kinda did chickens with my mom and then now married my father in law started chickens well now I have pretty much taken them over and love them lol so probably have lots of questions

2. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    Hello [​IMG]and Welcome to BYC!!
    Feel free to ask all the questions you have!! Also don't forget to check out the learning center [​IMG] for great advice! Have fun with your chickens and good luck![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome
    Glad you could join the flock! That too is how I started with chickens! Our original two were my other halfs and sons project which they lost interest in and I took over. Have not looked back since as my flock has grown and grown.

Lots of questions are always welcome, everyone here to help. Hope you enjoy BYC I am sure you will :frow

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome to BYC![​IMG] I'm glad you joined us.

What kind of chickens do you have? We'll be happy to answer all your questions!

5. Book Em Danno25

Book Em Danno25 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG]

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!

We'll be happy to answer all of your questions. [​IMG] What breeds of chicken are you raising?

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chickens do you have?

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us!

9. Jenn88

Jenn88 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2015
    Texas
    I know I have a speckled Sussex and just found out my polish was really a spitzhauben and the others I'm not sure of lol I'll get pics the next couple of days!!

10. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    In 50 years of raising chickens (dozens of breeds), Spitzhaubens are one breed that I've never had. I have had Speckled Sussex however and they are a wonderful breed; hardy, friendly and gentle (my children made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. I like them enough that I've seriously considered getting some more of them. I'll look forward to seeing your pics. Good luck with your flock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by