New To Chickens! Coop Design & Help!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Coturnix Quail, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Hi everyone! I'm going to get chickens in April! I'm very excited, but I have only one issue... I need help designing the coop! So, the only thing I'm concerned about is the run/place they'll sleep when its night. I have quails and a raccoon already got in and ate a few... So, I need help designing it to make it predator proof. Show pics please!! Thank you!!

2. thisjed

thisjed Out Of The Brooder

Feb 21, 2017
    Newark, IL
    I'm far from a pro since I only have 3 weeks worth of experience with chickens, lol. I went round and round and round on coop ideas - was initially convinced of buying one from Tractor Supply until everyone on here convinced me otherwise. In the end, I simply designed my own and am in the process of building it now - need to have it wrapped up this month as my chickens are growing fast!

It's about the right size for 8 to 10 chickens. I'm happy to email you the plans if you want. Just send an email to [email protected] and I'll send them over.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  3. Coturnix Quail

Coturnix Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 3, 2016
    Thank you so much! I'll be sure to ask for some pics very soon. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by