New to Chickens in Allentown, PA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stina, May 6, 2009.

1. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
    I am brand new to the chicken world! I have liked chickens for some time, but only recently decided I actually wanted any when I discovered the serama breed!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
    Currently no actual chickens...but I have 16 eggs incubating

(3) What breeds do you have?
    My eggs are serama eggs from someone in Media, PA.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
    I honestly don't remember how I found it originally...I've been lurking for months [​IMG]

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
    My husband and I breed fancy mice and leopard geckos and will soon also be breeding rats and hopefully some other reptiles in the future. The only other hobbies I really have are drawing and photography.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
    My hubby and I were married last June and got our first house in November. We are both major animal lovers! On top of the animals listed in my sig we also hope to be getting a spinone italiano (italian hunting dog) puppy soon. Our animal "collection" has rapidly grown since getting our home!...we had then only a few fish, the dog, the cat, the leopard geckos and a few mice. At any rate a little more about myself....I have a degree in animal sciences and went to vet school for a year. I left vet school after that year b/c I was just too sick of school to keep going....my grades were fine...I just hated it there and completely lacked any motivation. I am currently working as the "livestock manager" in a local pet store and my hubby and I hope to eventually have our own petstore. If you'd like to know anything more about us feel free to ask!

2. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

3. tonini3059

tonini3059 [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Luv

Nov 6, 2008
    Southwestern PA
    Hello there semineighbor!! When did you get married? I got married the 21st of June last year.
    [​IMG]

4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    [​IMG] from your neighbor in Reading

5. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Howdy from southern Schuylkill County! I grew up in Limeport, right outside of Coopersburg, worked at LVH for several years!

Good luck with your hatch! I just had my first incubator hatch a few days ago. It's nail biting!

Welcome!

6. ChickyLaura

ChickyLaura The Crazy Chicken Lady

Mar 31, 2009
    Eastern/Central PA
    Wow, look at all of us Pennsylvanians on here right now! LOL

7. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG]

8. Lil_Chickadee

Lil_Chickadee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    WV
    [​IMG] Sorry foks, wrong smiley. It was supposed to be [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    hahaha....I thought that was an odd response to a large number of pennsylvanians! [​IMG]

Thanks for the welcome! Nice to know I have some chicken loving "neighbors"!

I hate waiting....these eggs are driving me nuts! I wish I could just leave them in there and try to ignore them until hatching time...but I have to hand turn them! I keep candling them...lol I just started a thread about them in the hatching section [​IMG] I will try to keep it updated!

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    [​IMG]

Glad to have you here! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by