New to Chickens, living in Nevada

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by sdtl07, Aug 15, 2008.

1. sdtl07

sdtl07 New Egg

Aug 14, 2008
    Hi I am new to raising chickens, our chickens are only about 2 months old. I have been told we are raising 10 Araucanas, 3 silky bantams, 3 polish, and 2 rocks? Personally I have no real clue what they are. Considering they are all in the same pen eventually I will have a whole lot of mixed up chickens running around. I came to this site hoping to gain some knowlege about my chickens and others. We are currently living in Nevada. Hope to get to know some of you and learn from those of you that I can.

2. sdtl07

sdtl07 New Egg

Aug 14, 2008
    Gee you are all so welcoming I think I am in the wrong place, I need a forum that may actually respond if I have a question.

3. AuthenicDixieGirl

AuthenicDixieGirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2008
    Central Mississippi
    Hi there...I'm new here too and new to raising chickens again.....I'm from Mississippi....I think there is a click thing going on here...just my opinion..lots of members here and guess the popular gets all the responses.

But there is a lot of interesting stuff here....just browse around...thats what I have been doing.

Post a question ....maybe someone will respond.

4. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    what part of nevada

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Huh usually the crew jumps right in to say hello to newbies. Sorry bout that. This is really a wonderful place, this is the first time I seen your post and I'm usually on here all the time lol. I think everyone is taking the weekend off from the computer. I do notice that the weekends are slower then the week days.
    Anyway, Welcome! And hope you decided to stay...I am recently new to chickens too (my bunch is 12 weeks old now) and I have learned SO much here! Lots of wise people here!

Hope you share some pictures of your bunch too. We love pictures of chickens [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Looks like we need to assign someone to go around and answer any post without a response whether we know the answer or not!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by