1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to Chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by farmerswife0114, Feb 18, 2016.

1. farmerswife0114

farmerswife0114 New Egg

Feb 18, 2016
    Delhi, Iowa
    Hi! My daughter wanted to show poultry this year at our county fair so we have purchased a few chickens to show. We just got them today! We have done a lot of reading to prepare ourselves to raise these birds. We live on a farm in N.E. Iowa we raise cattle, crops, and raise quarter horses.

2. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. How great that your daughter wants to get into showing chickens. If you put your state in the search box it will pop up and you can subscribe to it. Local bycers may be able to guilde you to shows etc. Would love to see photos of the birds you just received.

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. :eek:) X2 on Bridebeliever; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

5. Sherlock Watson

Sherlock Watson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2016
    Salish Sea Region
    Welcome! Hope that your chickens get acquainted with the blue ribbons. Fantastic!
    Did you get them as chicks, or are they started?

6. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - i hope that you and your daughter enjoy being a member as well as showing your birds.

All the best
    CT

7. gander007

gander007 Overrun With Chickens

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

I really enjoy reading about parents taking out the time to help their children in such endeavors so do not hesitate to ask BYC a question as yours are worthy [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Fore!
    [​IMG]

Good luck to your daughter with the chickens! I hope she enjoys raising and showing them. If you'd like to share some pictures, we'd like to see them.

Thanks for joining us!

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by