New to Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pck1, Feb 27, 2016.

1. pck1

pck1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2016
    MT
    Keep up the dialog. I have a lot to learn.

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - you learn something new almost every day on this site! The Learning Centre is a great resource, as would be joining your state thread (just type your state in the search box) as it will put you in contact with other members close to you. Keeping chickens is such good fun and with the resources here, along with the membership - it's a formidable ally. Make yourself at home and enjoy your chickens as well as BYC!

All the best
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! What breed/s do you have at the moment? Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. jontive1

jontive1 New Egg

Feb 27, 2016
    Grand Prairie
    hi everyone me and my wife have been introduced to keeping chickens thru family members. We just built our coop and can't wait to move them to there new home.. We currently have six chickens, two bar frocks two road island reds and I think the last two are Easter egger don't know the real names yet.. [​IMG]

6. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!!

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens- don't worry about us. We are here because we love to talk chickens, ducks, emus, cattle, anything. With so many members from other countries, you are apt to find bycers on line at all hours of the day and night - still wanting to talk.

8. jontive1

jontive1 New Egg

Feb 27, 2016
    Grand Prairie
    What do you think about the automatic door opener for the chickens. Is it worth the money? Will they be left out?

9. pck1

pck1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2016
    MT
    Don't know for the money? Personally, A slide gilliteen style shoot door that can be opened and closed manually by a draw rope is cheap and reliable. The only unreliable function will be me.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by