1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

New to Chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jeff L, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Jeff L

Jeff L Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2015
    I currently raise quail but have decided to move towards chickens. We live in the city and trying to not go over board with a huge farm in back yard. I have a 6 ft by 3 ft cage for the quail but adding a 5 x 10ft coop that is 6ft high. My 6 EE chicks are 1 week old. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I still need to add the fencing around the coop and roof but I will have it done in a day or so. Please let me know if there is anything you think I need or should know.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

3. gander007

gander007 Overrun With Chickens

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

If tour chicks are only a week old they will need some TLC like hearting and a comfortable sleeping area ..

[​IMG]

Do you see the heat source at the top and a night light and the cage is gig enough for the chicks to get away from the heat if needed ....

Always have food and clean water available for your chicks [​IMG]

You have several week to get your coop ready for your new EE's .. [​IMG]

Always wash your hands before and after you handle you chicks so as not to spread any unknown diseases, this is something to remember [​IMG]

For good health a hard boiled mashed up and served is great for their health [​IMG]

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard Chickens flock= glad you joined us.

5. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. If you re-post this post in the Coops / Runs forum you may get the advice required.

All the best
    CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by