New to chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jamieand19, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jamieand19

Jamieand19 New Egg

Jan 15, 2017
    Colleyville
    Excited to start learning so much about being a chicken momma, not quite the same as momma to my babies but still a new adventure. It all started with a silly prank by neighbors and turned into fabulous chicken coop built by my kids and husband and now nine babies who are 13 weeks today.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Jamieand19, and :welcome! Great to have you aboard! As a relative newcomer to the chicken world, make sure you take advantage of the Learning Center here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center It is loaded with useful articles covering a wide range of chicken raising topics. And if you'd like to touch base with your poultry owning neighbors, find your state thread in the link below and stop by and say howdy! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC! https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you

3. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC!

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

4. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

It looks like your family did a nice job building your coop. What breed of chicks are you starting with?

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  5. Jamieand19

Jamieand19 New Egg

Jan 15, 2017
    Colleyville
    We have 2 buff Orpington, 2 Dominiques(I believe), SLW, Blue Andalusian (I'm told), Brahma, RIR and a Black Minorca. I hope they will give us lots of love and eggs in the future.

6. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    Hello and [​IMG]! We're glad you joined the flock! [​IMG]

7. CLSranch

CLSranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    NE OK
    Howdy and welcome. Looks like you lucked out on a prank. I've had chickens for years and just finished a new giant chicken tractor and still don't have a coop like that.

8. Jamieand19

Jamieand19 New Egg

Jan 15, 2017
    Colleyville
    We have 2 buff Orpington, 2 Dominiques(I believe), SLW, Blue Andalusian (I'm told), Brahma, RIR and a Black Minorca. I hope they will give us lots of love and eggs in the future.

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You can always double check your breeds by posting photos at "what breed or gender is this."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by