New to chickens!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by destinyslanding, Feb 21, 2017.

1. destinyslanding

destinyslanding Just Hatched

Feb 21, 2017
    Hi everyone! I'm so new to chickens! Getting our coop this week-end, and picking up 3 chickens the first of the month. 2 Americana and 1 Rhode Island Red - I hope! Can really use all this wonderful advise from "seasoned Chicken Girls"! When coop is finished will send pix. Thank you in advance for your expertise!

2. silkieRaiser

silkieRaiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2016
    Seattle, Washington
    My Coop
    Glad for you to join our flock!! [​IMG]

3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under destinyslanding [​IMG] Welcome!

How exciting! Best wishes to you and your feathered family when they arrive.

I recommend a visit to the Learning Centre; lots of good tips there: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

4. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Teila has given you some good links to get you going but always feel free to ask questions.

Have fun with your new flock!

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC -- so very glad you've joined our flock!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Hello from Kansas and [​IMG]! Great to have you with us! Looks like you've already received some great links and advice so I'll just say best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

8. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there and welcome to the chicken club! I am so glad you joined BYC, please make yourself at home and enjoy yourself here! :frow

~Cuz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by