New to chickens

Jocelyn10

In the Brooder
Feb 18, 2018
Last edited:
Welcome to Backyardchickens.com aka BYC! :frow
:yesss:We are glad you joined our flock.
Jump right in and make yourself at home.

This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

CURRENT COOP CONTEST click here >>#1

The 9th Annual BYC Easter Hatchalong!

G’Day from down under Jocelyn10 :frow Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your failed hatch but do wish you all the best for the next one. I personally only have experience with hatches under a broody hen but posting on the Incubating Forum, as you have done, is a good move and you will get lots of helpful advice and assistance.

I do hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you include your general location on your profile, this will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Greetings and welcome to BYC Jocelyn! So glad you joined us. I's a shame it had to be because of a failed incubation. Sorry that the eggs didn't hatch out for you. As others have said, hope you're able to find out why from the hatching experts here. Better luck on your next attempt! There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

Oh, if you haven't done so already, PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. Old folks like me :old will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Back
Top Bottom