New to Chickens

Oceania

In the Brooder
May 7, 2018
Hello all!

I recently got some Light Brahma chicks from my local Southern States. Unfortunately due to a tragedy, we now only have 2 left. They are about 2-3 weeks old. The tragedy was that I was a day post-op and my fiancé didn’t realize that one of my dogs got into the muck room. Needless to say, we are traumatized and doing everything in our power to keep the 2 remaining alive and happy.

We have named them Flit and Marahute. We have no clue of genders but that’s the least of my concern.

At the end of the month, we are adding to the flock with some Swedish Flower Hens from a breeder near me.

Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• DA333AE0-9EC7-4878-A178-E81F0C69E3EA.jpeg
    DA333AE0-9EC7-4878-A178-E81F0C69E3EA.jpeg
    271.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 5C05EA66-5422-498A-A1B4-CE11BC80A7C4.jpeg
    5C05EA66-5422-498A-A1B4-CE11BC80A7C4.jpeg
    228.4 KB · Views: 5
G'Day from down under Oceania :frowWelcome!

Chick Sympathy.jpg

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

Your little ones are adorable! If you would like to share more Pictures and Stories of them, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in these links:

:welcome There’s so many helpful, knowledgeable folks here and I’m sure you’ll find this site a very useful resource.

Brahmas are difficult to sex but you’ll probably have a gut feeling by about 4 weeks of age. If you post pics in a few weeks on the Breed/Gender forum (Teila has given the link) hopefully someone will be able to tell you :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom