New to chickens

Megz29

In the Brooder
Jun 6, 2019
(1) I am new to owning chickens this year and got my first 3 from a lady who got 3 baby chicks for her children for Easter. She came to the pet store I was working at and asked for advice on how to feed and care for them. I helped her as best I could and when I asked her what she was going to do with them after Easter she didn't know what she was going to do. I told her I was moving to my parents in the country and I would love to take them if she didn't want them after Easter and we exchanged contact info. I heard nothing for a while and it was after Easter when she called me to let me know I could have them if I still wanted them. I of course took them and they are all doing very well and are super healthy now. My boys loved them and each claimed one as their own.

(2) I have 5 that are about 3 months old and also have 19 baby chicks all around the 1 week mark.

(3) 3 Easter eggers, one silver laced wyandette and the other one is ether a golden laced or whiting true blue. The babies are all a mix of different types. I have 3 barred plymouth rock, 2 road island red, 2 black sex link, 2 columbian rock x, one red x, 2 golden laced wyandette, 1 bardevelder, and 6 whiting true blue.

(4) I breed and hatch bearded dragons so I have to say so far its fun watching them hatch and also watching them grow. It is very neat to see how they change in look from a fluffy little baby to a full feathered chicken.

(5) I play ice hockey as a goalie in the winter and ball hockey as a goalie in the summer. I breed and sell fancy bearded dragons. I also enjoy playing video games or doing some writing in my down time.

(6) I am a mom of 3 handsome boys. 5 year old twins Thor and Loki, plus their 2 and a half year old brother Odin. We just recently moved in with my parents out in the country to help with life in general. That allowed us to be able to get into chickens and hopefully down the road more animals. We also have 3 ferrets, 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 cockatiel, 8 bearded dragons (4 were supposed to have been sold by now lol), 4 snakes, a fish tank and 2 mice I am raising to make food for my snakes lol.

(7) I learned about BYC when I was looking into info about hatching eggs, sexing chicks, and also about building a chicken coop. I decided to join so I could get some help sexing my baby chicks and also get some plans or help building a coop.

Hello and welcome to BYC. I hope that you enjoy your time here.

This is a useful link of “How to” BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3. I’d suggest including your location using the guide in the link above. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie

Back
Top Bottom