New to Chickens

NWHeather

Chirping
Feb 7, 2020
eastern WA, near the Idaho border
My name is Heather, and I am new to keeping chickens. I inherited my father's property, and will be setting up for chickens in the near future.
I live in unincorporated Spokane County, and am having trouble finding specific regulations for keeping chickens.

Is there anyone in here that lives in unincorporated SC that can help?

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

New to chickens, will get some in a couple months

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None, yet

(3) What breeds do you have?
I'm looking into Sussex variations

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
I inherited my father's love for animals and am looking forward to having chickens as pets, as well as farm fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I keep Belgian Malinois, and do various training/sports with them.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Former 911 Fire Dispatcher (18 years total), now I work a "normal job, in retail.
Aside from the dogs, I also keep reptiles. I have started a colony of mealworms for my geckos (a banded gecko and a trio of mourning geckos), and I plan on starting a colony of dubia roaches, and possibly black soldier fly colony as well, that I will probably feed to the chickens as treats as well.
I'm contemplating getting 2-3 miniature donkeys as well. My late father had one, with his horses here, and they look like a lot of fun.
My spare time revolves around my animals and my home. I love gardening as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
Google search on regulations

Back
Top Bottom