Lexington, KY
We live in an urban area, and are looking at getting the following chicks,

Barred Plymouth Rock
Cuckoo Maran
Welsummer
Jersey Giant
Buff Orpington
Salmon Faverolle

All pullets, was looking for some insight for these breeds. Would they do ok together, etc.

Thanks.

You have a great selection of chicks to raise together.

My first chicks were Plymouth Barred Rock, Buffs, and RIR's. I have since added golden & silver laced wyandottes, light brown leghorns, black & red sex links, jersey giants, easter eggers.

I want to add black copper marans for the darkest of eggs.

Good luck with yours.

Yeah, that looks like a good variety. I would add speckled sussex, but thats just me......
You can raise any kind of regular chicks together, unless they are games, which can be aggressive. Maybe avoid tophats too (they could get picked on) but these seem all to be good, average breeds.

I've got 2 Barred Plymouth Rocks, and 1 Buff Orp. I love them both, especially, the Barred Rocks.
thumbsup.gif
They are both really nice birds, and the Barred Rocks are such characters too!

Hi, Im new to this site and new to raising chickens!! One of my chicks has a crossed beack and I dont know if I should give her back or give her a chance I am getting mixed thoughts and dont know what to do. I know if I give her back she would shorly be killed but its getting worse and worse every week...would she suffer, from lack of food??!!
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom