New to CHickens

SentryFE

Chirping
10 Years
May 30, 2011
Well thanks to my wife I am now into chickens. Someone abandoned 50 bayb chicks week before easter and the wife brought them home because they where FREE. Well long story short I know have almost $1000.00 into these FREE chciks. I only have 14 left (found new homes for the rest) plus she took in a Buff ORP rooster. Now I have to take care of thesse because she does not. I was hoping I would have atleast 8 hens but it looks like I have only 3 or 4. The rest are Roo's and will most likley be invited to a 4th cook out. Now I am hooked and just ordered 25 females ( 5 BLACK AUSTRALORP, 5 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE, 15 ARAUCANA ) I only want to keep aprrox 15 of these. I am sure I can relocate the extras. I might keep one of my little Roo's and build another coop and run. My current run is 12 x 26. completely enclosed with fence and criiter proof. Plus I keep predator traps out. I suppose I could just build a new house and split the run. I also allow the now 2 month old chicks and the Rooster to free range when I am out with them as the are easy to call back to the run. Out of 50 chicks I started raising we only lost 1. So I hope my luck says with me.
Thanks.

15498_welcome.jpg

Wow! when you get chicken, you get chickens.
cool.png
Congrats

Imp

Back
Top Bottom